Barefoot and Happy

The thoughts, ideas, and goings on of 2 people that hate shoes.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

What day is it today?


So today is my birthday (jay). Birthdays are always so overrated and anti-climactic. This year is no different of course. Why do we make such a big deal about birthdays? Why do we blow out candles? Is it really to celebrate that person's life, or to celebrate the fact that they we haven't died yet? Or just an excuse to eat cake? Well, any of the above work for me. I like any excuse to eat cake, which I'm sure comes as a complete shock to anyone who knows me. Anyways, michelle has gone for the night so I'm spending time with my dog. well, he's actually just sleeping on the couch next to me and not paying much attention to me. So I'm just going to use this as an excuse to put a picture of him on my blog. Anyways, Happy Birthday to me and everyone else who shares my birthday with me . . .Kyle, Collette, Rowena, etc. All these people stealing my birthday.

5 Comments:

Blogger the reids said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAY! I am sitting here watching Dora the Explorer and thinking about you....your'e kind of an explorer ...you went to New Zealand and you lived in Moose Jaw. I wish Kyle had a blog so I could post an awesome birthday note like this for him.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Half n' Half said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JAY. I have one question. Where are you and michelle now?
erin hertz

10:16 PM  
Blogger Jay&Michelle said...

Hey erin, Michelle and I are in good old Birch Hills in my parents basement!!! who would have ever thought we'd be back here??? not me!!

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, jay and michelle. happy late birthday, i like the looks of your dog. take care, miss seeing you around. love, anna

3:06 PM  
Blogger The Erickson Family said...

Hi Jay! This is Shannon Overland (Erickson). How are you doing? Congratulations on your marriage! How neat!

It would be SOOO much fun to hear from you! Please greet your folks!

Hope you stop by our blog. Please feel free to post comments! They are fun to read!

~ Shannon

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home