Barefoot and Happy

The thoughts, ideas, and goings on of 2 people that hate shoes.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Change in attitude and perspective

So I know that my last blog entry seemed slightly depressing but well, that's how I was feeling. Although in the act of writing that entry it made me realize some very important truths that I needed to learn. My life does need to be intentional and working towards the dreams that God has given me. But a wise old (haha!!) uncle of mine once told me that "I know its cliche but time REALLY does go faster as you get older. I think living in the moment is a gift from God and those who have the hang of it have something special." I need to learn to live right now for God, not in the future or in past regrets. So my perspective and attitude is what really defines how happy I am. And really what is happy? What is being unhappy? They are feelings and emotions. Being content is something completely different. Being content in what God has given me and where God has placed me leads to feelings of happiness. I am learning these things and it really does help.
I'm not really sure why I've decided to take my blog and turn it into a philosophical discussion on life but I guess it's more important to discuss these things than just write about trivial every day things. I've also noticed that people don't really like to comment on blog entries that are serious and philosophical. So you don't have to comment. . . it's just kinda funny. But this is not a guilt trip. I still love you even if you don't comment on my blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

i love you too jay, your a good and very philosopical friend, and i know what you mean about ppl not commenting on serious blogs... i wrote a couple, there were comments but like they were weird... neways see ya later

10:23 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

People don't comment on my serious ones too. That's why I'm just going to stick with Will Ferrell singing Opera videos.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home