Barefoot and Happy

The thoughts, ideas, and goings on of 2 people that hate shoes.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Computer Users Beware

So yesterday I was working on my laptop which is only about 6 months old and it froze up on me. It works on windows xp so it's not that unusual that it crashes. So I had to manually turn it off which I've done plenty of times before and when I tried to turn it back on I ended up with a blue screen that said there was a problem called "BAD_POOL_CALLER". . . Bad Pool Caller??? What the heck does that mean? So I tried many different things to get into windows, safe mode, command prompt, but nothing works. So I decided to try to do a system restore that wouldn't affect the data on my computer. . . it didn't work either. So I called HP and asked for help. . . I was told that occasionally windows simply corrupts itself and needs to be completely restarted. . . So that's what I had to do. Yup, I lost everything on my computer, all files, songs, pictures, programs, etc. What's worse? I didn't back up the files on my computer at any time so I'm back to square one. So here's the warning Back up your files onto disk from time to time. Either that or buy an apple computer and you won't have that problem. . .I wish that I did. So there won't be any new pictures added to this blog anytime soon because they are all gone. . . oh well, it's just a computer. It works now.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Erickson Family said...

Or you could by a Mac! :o)

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home