Barefoot and Happy

The thoughts, ideas, and goings on of 2 people that hate shoes.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving Again!!

So Michelle and I have discovered something great. Michelle's parents moved to the States this past summer, Montana to be particular. The one great thing that has come out of this is that we now get 2 Thanksgiving holidays!! For someone who loves holiday cooking as much as I do, this is a gold mine. We get the regular Canadian Thanksgiving back in October and now one in November as well. Then we only have to wait a month till Christmas. So I've decided I need to strive to have some sort of large holiday meal once a month. It's pretty much the same meal except that we had sweet potatoes which are really good. So yeah, it's good.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Mmmmm sweet potatoes.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

I've always wanted to try sweet potatoes

10:12 AM  
Blogger the reids said...

sweet potatoes are Malcolm's favorite, as well

12:00 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Sweet potatoes are everywhere here. My favorite pizza is the sweet potato pizza. Yummers.

5:37 AM  
Blogger The Erickson Family said...

So, this is strange to me that you don't normally have sweet potatoes with your Canadian Thanksgiving dinner! I grew up hating sweet potatoes, but then a year ago, I made a recipe with fresh ones and just about died from pure happiness. Fresh is the way to go!

We hope to integrate celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving down here in the US too. Why not? :o)

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home